Saturday 20 August 2011

Ramsey 1940 Weekend

This weekend a village close to where I live called Ramsey is hosting a 1940's weekend. I had hoped to take my 1944 CCKW 352 truck along, but sadly they already have over 200 vintage/historic vehicles booked in, and have no space left. I shall still go along anyway, but just as a normal member of the public. The weather looks like it will be fine this weekend, so hopefully I'll get some get photos which I'll post later. Talking of the truck its been an expensive week at this end with over the purchase of £190 worth of parts (oil filter, 6 x flexible brake hoses and springs, generator repair kit, and spare brake and grease nipples). The two main issues I need to resolve at the moment are:
1. A brake hose on the drivers front which has a small bulge in it,

-

-
2. The generator which is not charging the battery.

-
I hope to get both sorted in the coming week.
-

No comments: